View Single Post
Old
02-05-2004, 03:37 PM
Marchy79

vCash: 500
I'm interested in Commodore more than Gauthier.... He fits our needs better, and he's rough

Needs some polish to his game (foot speed) but the guys a right handed d-man who is ALMOST at the point where he's a full time NHL'er... Perfect for the aging right side that we have... There is no doubt that our right d can be fixed up... acquiring Commodore to be the current # 6/7 and future possible # 4-6... It would definately ease my mind about the future Defence corps on the Right side.

Komi
Como

Rivet/Breeze/Quintal (we could let 2 go, and keep 1 IMHO, Rivet or Breezy... as IMHO Quintal will retire shortly)

Not to mention the RD IMHO is our weakest point after Komisarek in terms of prospects, and Commodore's value is not as high as Gauthier, but his potential for future help to our corp. is just as solid... potentially. Also, considering he has yet to make his mark in the show at 24... (not to old, but not to young anymore)... IMHO, I think a third rounder would be of fair value... Unless Calgary does not have him on the market (which would be a fair call as well, seeing as it is their prospect ) If there is a guy to be chased in Calgary... IMHO, we should not look at Gauthier, we KNOW his value will be very high... but a Commodore would perhaps benefit us more in the long run IMHO.