View Single Post
Old
03-17-2014, 03:18 PM
Preds33
RIP Shea Weber!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderDoug View Post
You can replace my example with just about any draft with high end talent that you want.

In 2006, for example, the difference between Boston selecting Phil Kessell and Columbus picking Derek Brassard was a ROW tiebreaker. How would those teams look different now?

I bet most Cbus fans can't tell you what thier record was in the last 10 games of 2005-06, but I think all of them would tell you they would rather have been in a position to pick Kessell than Brassard.

In 2004 - the difference between the Caps picking Ovechkin and the Hawks getting Cam Barker was another tie breaker. If the Caps win one more game - they don't get Ovechkin.

This is all hindsight of course - but it also reinforces a simple unarguable fact - drafting higher is better.

No one's morale is going to be shattered by dropping a couple of points in a season that's already down the drain.

But the benefits of picking higher can reap huge rewards.
But unless you can draft 1 or 2 there is no point in dropping the games. If you are in position to possibly get 1 or 2, I can see it, but otherwise why?

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote