Thread: Line Combos: The hidden future.
View Single Post
Old
03-17-2014, 10:53 PM
Matte99

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Privy View Post
If Fisher re-signs I would trade Cullen. If Fisher retires then stick him in Fisher's place. Since first line talent is thin, Trotz could roll three 2nd lines. Whichever one is producing at the moment gets the minutes.

I still think Stålberg can succeed in Nashville. Sticking him with the kids will either get him back on track and surprise other teams' 2nd/3rd lines or it could be a defensive disaster.

Bourque looked like he was going to be a decent offensive pest type player. Hopefully he's having a sophomore slump and starts to improve next season.

Spaling can't keep up his insane shooting percentage so he could be replaced by one of the kids on the 4th line if they are producing. Same goes for Bourque if he doesn't progress.

2a) Spaling - Wilson - Smith
2b) Bourque - Fisher - Hörnqvist
2c) Stålberg - Järnkrok - Forsberg
4th) Nystrom - Gaustad - Beck/Moser/Scissons/Watson
Clune

Will this lineup win the Cup? Nope. Will it give us a chance at McDavid? Probably.
3rd line could work better than most expect. I watched Stålberg when he entered the NHL together with Bozak and some other NCAA player and they played really good (the sum was way better than the pieces). Of course, Leafs had to mess with it and Stålberg was traded. Forsberg is an interesting piece, showed really great potential during WJC and could become an excellent powerful winger with both scoring and setup ability. Järnkrok is talented and will hopefully grow into the NA game and make use of his hand-eye coordination and playmaking abilities. The key to such line is that they are allowed to play and not given a strange role. However, maybe Hörnqvist would be a better match with FF and Iron Hook, its never wrong to have someone crashing the net while having such talented line mates.

Matte99 is offline   Reply With Quote