View Single Post
Old
03-18-2014, 01:07 AM
Honour Over Glory

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Yake View Post
when jeff o'neill first came up with the whalers i was convinced he would be the future of the franchise for years to come, never really panned out though

stan chistov is another guy who had a decent rookie year but just never did much after

my biggest in recent years though has got to be angelo esposito, i was convinced he was going to become a star in the NHL and he never even played a single game
Injuries derailed his future, sad really, the guy had the heart to keep trying but his body just wasn't having it. Having multiple knee surgeries can kill a career. He now plays on the same team as his brother, HC Bolzano.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Canuck View Post
Gilbert Brule.

Looked so promising in the WHL, had all of the talent in the world.

I also thought Pajaarvi was going to be a stud. Same with Filatov.
I thought Brule was going to be a legit top 6 C as well, not sure what happened to him with the Jackets, but back then, it was a common theme with the way they ran that team and their development, so many lost prospects.

As for Paajarvi, the damage done by the Oilers is pretty significant, but I think he might be able to rebound. But then again, I also thought Grachev would turn things around with the Blues and that never worked out either.

Last edited by Honour Over Glory: 03-18-2014 at 01:14 AM.
Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote