View Single Post
Old
03-18-2014, 01:18 PM
glenngineer
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
while true a modicum of perspective is indicated. first it must be remembered that the NHL has been giving 16 playoff berths even when there were only 21 teams in the league.

San Jose made the playoffs in their 3rd and 4th years but didn't actually have a winning record for a season until their NINTH year.

it took them 12 seasons to tech the conference finals and they still haven't won a conference title.

Ottawa had their first winning season in year 6, made the conference finals in year 11, and won the conference in year 14

Anaheim had a winning season in year 4, but only made the playoffs three times in their first 11 years.

and while they did play in two SC finals, winning one, they have only made the playoffs in 9 of their 19 seasons.

Tampa has been even more up and down. One winning season in their first ten years of existence, then a 4 year period where they made the playoffs every year and won a cup but then only one playoff appearance in the next 6 years.
So they've made the playoffs half of their existence, making it to the Finals twice and winning once. We've made it to the playoffs about the same amount yet flamed out in round 1 numerous times and twice in round 2. I think they may not be the team to use as an example. I'll take their success rate any day of the week. They also have some guys that I'd go pay to watch.

Your other points were good with the other teams for what it's worth.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote