View Single Post
Old
03-18-2014, 02:01 PM
RaiderDoug

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJoshua View Post
We aren't talking about prospects like Halischuk and Spaling; we're talking about Forsberg and Jarnkrok, both of whom are projected to be top-six forwards and Forsberg has legitimate top-three potential. I think it's obvious that Poile feels like the defense is set for a good long time and is focusing on the offense.
Remember when we couldn't wait to watch our new high end offensive guy who was finally going to be a home-grown scoring threat. His name was Colin Wilson. A few years before that, our savior was going to be Alex Radulov.

We're always waiting for that next big time forward to come through the system. Unfortunately, he's always a couple of years away and never actually gets here.

Quote:

I mean, he has flat-out said that the offense has to be improved.
How many years has this been a problem?

13 of our 15 years?

How many more years will this be a problem?

Quote:

I guess my confusion is that I don't see exactly what some new GM/coach combination would be doing differently.
You think that DP/Trotz are the only people who can possibly get us out of this mess?

But then don't you have to wonder under whose leadership did we get into this mess in the first place?

Quote:

I feel like this team is about a year away from starting to climb up the standings, and like the pieces could be there to be a VERY good team in a couple of years.
We've had 2 very good teams in the past.

They failed to win more than 1 game in the 2nd round. One didn't even make it there.

If we develop top line offensive prospects - which the track record doesn't support - what in the past 15 years makes you think this coaching staff can get them past the 2nd round if we get there?

RaiderDoug is offline   Reply With Quote