View Single Post
Old
03-18-2014, 05:19 PM
Perro

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatTheFox View Post
While I don't agree with the people who feel this way, I can understand the frustation. When LA acquired him, we thought we were getting a player who not only was two-way, physical leader, but also someone who could create offense... a player who could lessen the burden on Kopitar.

Certainly there have been stretches of that, but the consistency from game to game is lacking. One game he'll look like the Richards we thought we were getting. The next he's bumbling pucks, throwing blind passes to no one in particular and is a complete non-factor.

With players like Kopitar or Carter, they may not have the best of games, but even when they're off, there is still a semblence of why they are top players in this league.

Richards is the 2nd highest paid forward cap wise on the team and locked in for quite a while. While I don't think for a second he's the reason the team loses or has been losing, he's doing very little to fix it in terms of his on ice play.

If he were a little more dangerous in the offensive zone, people would complain less. And given his salary, I don't think that is unreasonable to expect.
I am not interested in trading Richards we would all of a sudden be thin down the middle. I know that the idea is Carter moves to centre, however really I would prefer having three top centres and have insurance if injury.
If the kings get swept in round 1 I would look into dealing brown though. I think he is expendable especially if gabby re-signs. If we can get a top LHD for Brown I would be in favour of it.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote