View Single Post
Old
02-05-2004, 06:07 PM
Edge
Kris King's Ghost

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
Edge, the ceromony last night was about Richter, not the goalie he replaced. As such, there was no reason for beezer to be there and given the recent nature of the comments he made should not be a part of any celebration like it.

If you want to consider me a saint or an idiot or naive because I was raised NOT to make "those" sort of comments and because I truly believe that there is no place for that kind of language in any situation, so be it. As far as I'm concerned, I've heard nothing from jvb to give me any reason to think he's realized how badly he's messed up or that he's worked to overcome his mistake and is ready for a second chance. I hope he is trying and maybe some day I will hear something from him that allows me to feel differently about him. But, I will not simply forgive him because, hey, other people say it. As far as I'm concerned, he got what he deserved.
Yes it was richter's night and considering the fact that two were perhaps the best goalie tandem of the early 90's is probably a good start to why he should be there. also that the guy won 200 games as a ranger is a good second and for good measure we can throw in that he played 10 seasons with the club and is thus a part of it's history.

So what you are essentially saying is that beezer had no right to be there because he made stupid comments but a guy who did cocaine, sped around edmonton risking lives and father illegit children should. Aren't those just as socially unacceptable? has messier apologized for them? ya think he is sorry for them?

And you're lying if you said you've never made any judgement on anyone. maybe not for race but for something. No one can claim to do that and i'm sure if he even searched the archives of the board we'd find it. heck we've all made some pretty stupid comments on this board alone, so does that mean if HFBoards started a poster hall of fame you shouldn't be there? or i shouldnt or melnyk or anyone?

Essentially what you are saying is that beezer said something that hit you pretty hard and it's a "bigger" deal than some of the other things that other people may have done at the ceremony.

And beezer did get what he deserved but let he who is without sin cast the first stone and presuming you are human {i am pretty sure we all are...well maybe not laches, i heard he was a martian} than you've made similar mistakes in your life. the difference? you arent a public figure so when you mess up or do something stupid you don't have millions of people judging you.

But based on your beliefs, next time you do something stupid you should be banned from the boards? interesting concept. if it applies to all of us than the boards are gonna pretty empty, pretty fast.