View Single Post
Old
03-18-2014, 06:54 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclamation Project View Post
When we got Mike Richards he had just put up 66 points in an extremely offensive oriented system. I know everyone *****es when I bring up systems, but Mike Richards was NEVER going to produce at the rate he was in Philadelphia while on the Kings. Never. Ever.

Injuries have definitely had a way with his physical game, but to be honest, I don't mind. I'd rather him protect his body then go blind into corners zero ****s given. Especially given the fact that he's the shortest forward on this team.

And anyone actually believing he's created MORE of a burden for Kopitar is crazy. That's ****ing ridiculous.

A neat fact - the Kings are widely considered to be a team built for the playoffs. While in LA during the playoffs Mike Richards has put up - 7G/20A/27P in 35GP. Looks like rubbish to me...

Let's use this logic - where would the Los Angeles Kings be without Mike Richards' point production this season, which ranks third among all LA players. News flash, the Kings don't put up a lot of points. I'd crunch the numbers on what the NHL league average is for second line centers, but I've been really busy lately and don't want to. However, I'd bet that he is close to the average.

He'll probably finish the year close to 50 points which is not bad considering our top center will finish the year with close to 70 points. Last year, projected to 82 games, would have been his best year as a King. BIG SURPRISE that everyone on this team produced extremely well last season, especially Dustin Brown. The team as a whole hasn't produced much this year.

Jeff Carter should never be a center on this team. Ever. We don't have the wing depth to try that and he's put up awesome numbers while playing on Richards' wing (last season).

Mike Richards is not getting traded and anyone who believes it, seriously believes it, needs to pull their head out.
Oh so are we really going to play the "What if" game? Cool, I'll play too. What if we had a center that didn't slump as much as richards, that had more skill than richards? Can you imagine how many points that second line center could have instead of richards? Can you imagine how many more games we could have won more with that center. What if that center made all the lines click and made our offense top 10 in the league? I can play that game too.

Save me that excuse. Richards has 9 goals... Martinez has 8. Richards, aka golden boy, has benefitted from the likes of Carter. Yes that Same Jeff Carter guy that can produce with out richards. Yes that guy. It's unacceptable.

Richards is slowing down big time, and I dont want him to be a king when his play hits total rock bottom. Points are points, I dont care if he has 600 points, the guy simply isn't trying hard. Plus his defense is absolutely ******, yesterday the guy failed on so many reads and clearing the puck.

I dont care what he has done in philadelphia. He's sucking ass, and he's slowing down, and it looks like he isn't even trying. Playoff performer? Cool story. Kings aren't paying him to only show up in the playoffs. Hell, he's not even showing up down the stretch.

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote