View Single Post
Old
03-18-2014, 06:35 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderDoug View Post
How about this - we stop paring sample sizes down to what fits our arguments, and go with how successful we have been WRT the entire NHL? Which is not that great, and downright embarassing when it comes to playoff success.

Next, how long it took the Rangers or Blues to win a Cup is irrelevant in this discussion - which is essentially whether or not 15 years is long enough for one management/coaching group to show some progress.

Your bring up the Blues and Rangers for futility, but there are also examples like Anaheim and Tampa - teams that won Cups and built playoff teams that have gone deep in the playoffs a relatively short time after they were born.

I'm not saying or demanding that a new coach/GM win a cup, all i'm saying is that after 15 years, we let someone else take a crack at it. Maybe they'll be successful. Maybe they're not.

With this coach/GM combination - we're very rapidly approaching the definition of insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
You simultaneously express a desire to not "pare things down" then don't want long term discussion either.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote