View Single Post
Old
03-18-2014, 09:52 PM
glenngineer
HF Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
I've never claimed that Poile and Trotz can definitely take the Preds to the Cup ... nor have I yelled that they can't. Actually thinking that any team is destined to win a championship is insane. Fans all hope that their team wins it all ... all but one go home unhappy at the end of any given season. Winning it all takes more than skill or good coaching ... luck factors in. If it were something that could get figured just looking at a roster and who stands behind the bench there would be no need for the actual play. Just put the Hawks in the WCF along with the Pens in the ECF until their current lineups age or move on.

Too much of what I see here is calling for change for the sake of change that ignores how often that fails .. see Columbus, Edmonton, Long Island. Hell, Quenneville couldn't get the job done with the Avs and what Roy walked into was over five years in the making ... over five years of suck and struggle that kept producing top three overall selections.

The reality of sports fandom is disappointment over and over again. 15 years is next to nothing in the sports world. Imagine being a Hawks or Rangers fan when they went over 20 years each without a Cup in the pre-expansion age (the league shrunk to six teams between the Hawks wins in 38 and 61) ... yet, 15 years has these boards up in arms (the reality is that they've been up in arms for at least three years ... some members closer to five).
Yet there have been teams in recent years that have changed coaches and won Cups the year the change happened or within a few years. There are failures and successes. To be afraid to make change because it may fail is the worst thing anyone can do. If you fail, you try again. It's not the end of the world. 15 years is enough of a sample size to see what can be done with Poile and Trotz leading the way. It's not change for change sake with me. It's watching and evaluating what has or hasn't been done with these two in charge. At some point it's about results and I feel the results we've had warrant a change.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote