View Single Post
Old
03-18-2014, 10:12 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Yet there have been teams in recent years that have changed coaches and won Cups the year the change happened or within a few years. There are failures and successes. To be afraid to make change because it may fail is the worst thing anyone can do. If you fail, you try again. It's not the end of the world. 15 years is enough of a sample size to see what can be done with Poile and Trotz leading the way. It's not change for change sake with me. It's watching and evaluating what has or hasn't been done with these two in charge. At some point it's about results and I feel the results we've had warrant a change.
Sorry ... not seeing anyone who is afraid of change. There are some here who make reasoned cases for switching things up and others making a case for holding off on that type of change. There are some who rant.

This is a team that is not 24 months separated from a good run into the post season before meeting a team that simply applied our old work ethic and tactics better than we did and advanced to their first ever NHL conference final ... over three decades after leaving the WHA. Sucked ... but such is sports. This summer Poile took a chance with Stalberg who is underperforming ... a common trend with FAs over the past few summers ... and Cullen, a veteran setup guy who is still great at puckhandling but isn't getting points (hard to set up when so few of our guys are scoring) ... then two grinders who get all of the attention and feed into rants around here (nevermind that one of those grinders has 13 goals and the other was traded away for a vet goalie who then got shipped off at the deadline for zero net grinders added).

The funniest rants I've seen here simultaneously complain that the Preds were on the cusp in 2011-12 while Trotz and Poile are incompetent ... a position as logical as buying dehydrated water.

Defecation occurs and not all moves pan out as hoped ... on to the next FA period and draft class and see what happens.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote