View Single Post
Old
03-18-2014, 10:26 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Yet we rely on our staff to develop young forward talent that can put the puck in the net on a consistent basis. We've had some decent players come through our system but none that are types that will lead you through the playoffs. I don't see that changing with Trotz at the helm.

Two years ago was nice but the reason we got bounced, even though we outplayed Phoenix was simple, we couldn't bury the puck. We are still unable to bury the puck. I don't see anyone in the system that makes me excited. Maybe some of these kids finally pan out but 15 years of watching what happens with this team makes me think otherwise. Maybe you can teach an old dog new tricks. Maybe these kids are the real deal. Neither of us know and won't know realistically for a few years.
I've noticed that when other teams don't score on us it's because of good team defense or solid goaltending on our part. When we don't score, it's all our forwards and never the other team's play. The team that bounced us in 2012 bounced the Chicago Blackhawks in the first round ... that talent lacking, unable to score Blackhawks squad.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote