View Single Post
Old
03-19-2014, 09:48 AM
SpeedyPotato

vCash: 500
I really really like our forward depth right now, I think the fourth line is awesome and that is without having Bournival and White on it and both are really effective bottom 6 players. Our top nine isn't elite in terms of talent, but it might just be elite in terms of balance and I think that it could make us dangerous, Vanek really gives us a dimension we didn't have at all.

Price is a top 3 goalie and we do have 2 elite defensemen... I agree though that the rest of the d-core leaves something to be desired.. But, who knows, with Gorges being back, it kind of lessens the fragility of the D IMO. I'd still like a big second pairing right hand D to be added and think it could make a huge difference. I also think we need someone who can take a bit of time on the PP for Markov. Don't get me wrong, I like having him and PK for the whole 2 minutes, but Markov is getting older and I'm scared he might run out of gas since MT plays him over 25 minutes a game.

I know he supposedly has attitude issues, but if Beaulieu can straighten his act together and rejoin the big club, I think he's a huge plus for this team. He might not be the biggest or the toughest and yeah he's green and susceptible to make mistakes, but unlike Boullion and Weaver, who BTW I don't dislike but are playing too much IMO, he has qualities that are above average, which are skating, passing and vision and which bring noticeable improvement to the talent level of this team...

I personally think that a d-core of : Subban-Tinordi, Markov-Emelin and Gorges-Beaulieu would make the habs a much better team... and then we still have Cube, Murray and Weaver as depth.. Anyways, like everyone says, the east is wide open, the only team that really scares me is Philly, other than that, we might not beat Boston or Pittsburgh, but we could sure give them a run for their money.

Last edited by SpeedyPotato: 03-19-2014 at 09:55 AM.
SpeedyPotato is offline   Reply With Quote