View Single Post
Old
03-19-2014, 12:34 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
I've only seen him sporadically this season - and not as much as i would have like (although from what i did see i was very impressed!!)

with apologies for being overly annoying - can anyone from the dub crowd who has seen him *consistently* this year (i.e more than i have) give us a 'prospect report'. ... i've seen some full games online, a few clips, and him live a couple of times - can someone who's seen more comment?
Pros: Insane vision, great skater (more along the lines of MacKinnon, but not as fast), great play making ability, great stick skills.
Con: Only con I can give you is physical maturity in terms of body, which is common sense for a 16 year old. 99% of players aren't Ekblad.

I can't compare him and Patrick Kane as Kane is already an NHL all-star, but if there was a player who could *potentially* match his talent level, Barzal has to be one of the clear cut choices with that same style of game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1972 View Post
I haven't watched him yet in the WHL, but am well aware of who he is and what kind of player he projects to be. But how has he actually been this year? (only answer if you have actually been watching him)

One of the more intriguing draft tidbits for me is who goes first, Matt Barzal or Travis Konecny.
One of the best (and could be the best) 16 year old I have seen in the dub.

I still have my top three as,

1. McDavid
2. Eichel
3. Barzal

But that could change with the likes of Hanifin who I haven't watched yet (Konecny is in definitely in the top 5 as well, going to be an insane draft).

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote