Old
03-19-2014, 01:41 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Pulling out the Balsille reference seems a little extreme. Again, we go to the definition opinion. The team got the green light last summer to spend, an they did signing 5 players. Hendricks has already been dumped, Hutton has been called out in the media for being awful, Cullen has been below average, and Stalberg has been brutal. Nystrom has been pretty good. The team is now ranking 24th and just went 0-3 against Edmonton. The GM admits our offense needs major changes and the coach uses a system which (arguably) is 10 years outdated. Again, I don't see why there's a need to go that extreme.
If my response is extreme, it's because the "we need to fire people" crowd is using extreme language, and it's looking to me like a little education as to when that language is deserved is in order.

I'm not claiming that all is well and nothing is necessary - but neither is Poile, and neither is Trotz. There's a difference between "Poile has noticed he did bad; give him a chance to recover" (the position I have) and "we're doomed and this is a horrible disaster, fire everybody" - which kind of looks like the majority opinion in this thread. One bad offseason does not ruin a team. One bad offseason does not constitute a "train wreck".

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote