View Single Post
Old
03-19-2014, 04:02 PM
Hordichuk_24

vCash: 500
Eastern Conference:

8. Prince Albert Raiders vs 1. Edmonton Oil Kings
Oil Kings in 4. If the Raiders are lucky they might be able to squeeze out 1 win but that's about all. Edmonton is far too good. Red Deer would have given the Oil Kings a tougher match.

7. Brandon Wheat Kings vs 2. Regina Pats
Pats in 6. Pats are a more gritty team which is why I think they will come out on top.

6. Kootenay Ice vs 3. Calgary Hitmen
Hitmen in 5. I can't stand watching Kootenay play so I hope Calgary makes quick work of the Ice. That said, Kootenay always seems to hang in there. I could see this series going 6 but regardless Calgary should win.

5. Swift Current Broncos vs 4. Medicine Hat Tigers
Tigers in 6. This series could go the distance. Part of me wants to pick Swift Current to win but my brain is telling me the Tigers will win. I wouldn't be surprised if the Broncos can pull of an upset.

Western Conference:

8. Tri-City Americans vs 1. Kelowna Rockets
Rockets in 4. This series will be over very quick. I almost feel bad for the Ams.

7. Vancouver Giants vs 2. Portland Winterhawks
Winterhawks in 4. Giants have no chance against Portland. This was the worst possible match up for them. And without Dalton Thrower they are screwed no matter what. This series will also be over very quickly.

6. Spokane Chiefs vs 3. Victoria Royals
Royals in 7. Unlike many I'm not sold on the Royals being as good as some people claim. I think the Chiefs can really give them a tough time. Everett would have as well so it isn't as though they are worse off playing Spokane. I still think the Royals are a better team than the Chiefs but this series could go either way.

5. Everett Silvertips vs 4. Seattle Thunderbirds
Silvertips in 7. I really want Seattle to win but Everett plays such a boring tight defensive game you can never count them out especially in a playoff series. Kozun has given the Thunderbirds a lot of hope but unfortunately I see the Tips upsetting the T-Birds. I hope the opposite happens and Seattle uses their physicality to wear down Everett. The scheduling in this series is absolutely ridiculous. Kind of takes away from home ice advantage even though Seattle still technically has more home games if it comes down to 7 games.

Hordichuk_24 is offline   Reply With Quote