Old
03-20-2014, 08:34 AM
Shady McCoy
#NoHonorForConnor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas Sandstrom 28 View Post
Hi all,

I've browsed the thread, but hoping I could get some specific recommendations...

The wife and I planning to come down for a Mets-Phillies game and spending the evening in Philly. The game is a 3 pm game so I was thinking of driving down early, and checking out either the xfinity live or Mcfaddens before the game. My question is what is the best neighborhood to wander/barhop after the game? I vaguely remember being at Market street years ago which if I recall seemed pretty lively, but I was in college then. I was also hoping to book a hotel that was reasonably easy to get to the SEPTA to take to the game. I can pick a hotel online, but I'm not familair with the different neighborhoods of the city.

thanks in advance for any tips you have.
Northern Liberties is a good area for bar hopping. I haven't ever taken public transportation down there though, only cabs. Not that you're a Flyers fan but i've seen some Flyers in the area before while out, which is pretty fun.

https://www.google.com/search?q=nort...x-a&channel=sb

If you want to stay in a hotel near SEPTA then you'll probably be staying in Center City. When looking for a hotel just check how close it is to the Orange Line, which is the Broad Street Line. All you'll have to do is take that right to the stadium, no switching trains.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Shady McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote