Old
03-20-2014, 01:23 PM
MattGTI

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozz View Post
Hey, I wouldn't want that jerk Mike stealing my assist either

Anecdote about a guy I play with like that:

One of the teams I play on, we have a guy who loooves to score. Only thing is he barely ever does. He'll complain when he doesn't get passes, though when he does (major cherry picker, no less) he usually flubs it trying to stickhandle too flashy. I'm a great playmaker, especially in the division this team is in, but no one can freakin' finish.

Anyway, a few games ago I went ballistic on this team and put in 6. He converted zero of my passes, of course. End of the game, he was upset that he didn't get any of our 9 (we won 9-6, I think). I looked at the scoresheet and saw that he was credited with two of my goals. I said "Hey, don't worry, they gave you 2 of mine anyway!" and he lit up like he really did score them

And now that I have this guy on my mind...

This guy though...he'll have a breakaway and lose the puck trying to dangle in the circles, or he'll lose it himself trying to go between his own legs around a defender. I don't even do **** like that and I'd be a better player if I shot w/the wrong-hand stick and had my skates on the wrong feet. That stuff annoys the hell out of me. Try to score in normal fashion first before you complain :p
That is too funny. I think we all know "that guy". He's on almost every team, and its not that he is a bad dude, its just he thinks he is a little better than his skillset allows him to be. Its annoying, but I have learned to take it with a grain of salt.

On a side note to the post prior- if ref's are seeking out who the correct guys are to award points to, thats a different story altogether. I actually applaud a referee who would take the time to do that. Considering most refs in my leagues act like they don't even want to be there half the time.

MattGTI is offline   Reply With Quote