View Single Post
03-20-2014, 08:39 PM
HFB Partner
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Passchendaele View Post
He can skate, but can he do anything else?

For a 15/16 year old, he's actually quite decent at using his body and size defensively. He's already decently physical in the open ice and along the boards. He needs to get more assertive/confident in front of the net, but I think the fact that he's already initiating contact quite frequently is a plus.

He also transitions to offense so quickly and is terrific at evading the forecheck. Once he gets possession, the puck rarely stays in his own end.

The offensive confidence is what he lacks currently, in order to put up points and be more noticeable to the casual fan. He's not quite at the point where he'll take it end to end and be aggressive in jumping up in the play. He's currently content with skating the puck out of his own end, then trying to make a strong breakout pass. His shot and ability to run the point on the powerplay are also a work in progress.

I was honestly impressed with him defensively this year (in the same way I was with Ekblad in his "exceptional" year). I don't care what his +/- says.

Brock is offline   Reply With Quote