View Single Post
Old
02-05-2004, 10:56 PM
SmokeyClause

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Embarrassing performance by quite a few of our players. Arkhipov looked decent, but performances from players like Legwand, Hall, Hartnell, Vokoun, and Zidlicky were sorely lacking. I'd like to see Zidlicky ride the pine for a game. He needs to shoot. He'd pass up an empty net to feed someone with 1/10 the chance he has. Our PP is worthless and a big part of it is poor point play. We need a capable puck-moving Dman and, sadly, none of our 5 (Timonen, Hamhuis, York, Zidlicky, Eaton) seem up to the challenge. I'd like to see some heads roll on our PP unit.

This was a game that could have easily gone our way. We dominated play early but got no bounces. The first real chance TB has, they score and take over the momentum. Bottom line was, when they got the bounces, they scored. When we got the bounces, we failed. Or to turn it around, when they needed Khabibulin to stand up big, he did. When we need Vokoun to keep us in the game, he failed. The 4th goal was the backbreaker. And while it wasn't weak, it's the type of goal playoff goaltenders have to stop. It's the type of goal Vokoun is letting in left and right. Maybe this All-Star break will do him good. If not, I say we give Mason a go between the pipes. Vokoun hasn't looked good in quite a while.