Old
03-21-2014, 11:43 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Why is it a perfectly reasonable statement? Because they signed him to an ELC? Oh Morin signed that as well, actually earlier than Hagg? Does that mean the Flyers think he has progressed more than Ghost?

Next, I think it is quickly conceivable he was implying Hagg will be playing in the AHL and the Flyers are progressing his development quicker with that. Well, fact is that Morin can not play in the AHL because of the CHL agreement. Hagg has the opportunity to jump on AHL ice and the Flyers and Hagg seem to think that was the best option.

Hagg playing in the AHL and signing his deal has no impact on the Flyers view of Morin, that's why I jump on the guy. He is paid to cover a hockey team, he should know the reasons why this deal makes sense. Instead he makes a dumb(not the first time) comment....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizzle View Post
I disagree with the guy defending Carchidi. This is a misleading tweet to general Flyers fans who don't understand AHL/CHL agreement. It implies that Morin hasn't progressed enough to be in the AHL, which is not the case. Carchidi is a bush league reporter.
Or perhaps...you know...he just thinks Haag has progressed more than Morin. Nope. He's a hack! It has to be that he is a hack because he is a hack! Find something else to complain about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
Yeah thanks for the life lesson.

Going from covering South Jersey high school sports to covering one of the most popular NHL teams is like going from short season ball to the Show.
Maybe I'm missing something here, but at least from his bio it sounds like he has covered sports at all levels (high school, pros, NCAA) since the 70s. Similarly, if he's working at the Inquirer, there really is no other jump to make. If he's covering high school sports, he's going to jump to a very popular professional or not at all. How do you think a writer makes it to covering a professional team? They take some other route besides writing professionally about sports (not just newspaper articles, but books too) for thirty years? Come on. I know the Philly media is weak. I'm not really a big fan of any of the guys that write about the Flyers, but *****ing about this tweet or the fact that Carchidi covered high school sports is silly.

DrinkFightFlyers is online now   Reply With Quote