View Single Post
Old
03-21-2014, 05:18 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosnhoj View Post
I'm 5'8" (I typically cut sticks down by about 2") and my weight fluctuates between 180 and 195. I'm looking for something that's going to perform similarly to the X:60. My two favorite sticks that I've ever used are the X:60 and the One95.

I've had 85/87 flex sticks forever, though I feel like my wrist/snap shots are pretty weak. My slapper is good, but I've been wondering if I should try a 75 flex stick this time around to help with my wrister/snapper.
Can't comment on the specific sticks, but I think you would find your wrist/snap shots improve with the 75 flex. Your slappers might drop a bit (sounds like you're pretty strong), but think about which shot is more important to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacifist Goon View Post
Being 6' 4'' I'm noticing a dearth of suitably long sticks to choose from in store.
Seems like Warriors are pretty long. That said, nothing wrong with a wood plug, might even help the balance/feel a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trl3789 View Post
I've had the chance to use my base nasty twice now and absolutely love it. It may be the slight decrease in flex (normally 85-this stick 80) but it feels way more responsive than anything else I've used.
Sounds good! Mine should be here on Wednesday. Can't wait! Of course winter league ends this weekend, but spring league starts up in a few weeks I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf1479 View Post
Any suggestions? I was thinking a mid-flex stick with around 105 flex. I'd like to keep the price under $150 unless the extra cost is really buying me some nice features.
There's a lot of clearance sticks in that $130-180 range from last year. There's not a ton of sticks that are between 100 and 115 flex, but BASE offers a couple in that range. Maybe a Natural in 105?