View Single Post
Old
02-05-2004, 10:41 PM
volzok

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally posted by nomorekids
no, because then his excuse becomes, "i was too busy thinking about how well mason was playing, and my head wasn't in the game." i think his confidence is starting to falter. maybe he needs to head back to the head-shrinker
I will agree with that. Maybe Mason playing a couple of games would hurt his confidence. He needs to realize that he is one of the best in the NHL when he is on. We play Chicago first game out of the break. I still think Mason should start this game just to give Vokoun a rest. We are going to need Vokoun fresh for the stretch. Thats why I think he needs some time off. But then again, if he goes out and shutouts the Hawks, that would really help his confidence. So I guees that decision could go either way. I totally agree with your post before that. Somethings need shaken up. We have become totally predictable. Maybe the break will give some time to straighten that out. Maybe shake up the lines. I think we need to go back to basics. Especially on the power play and even on the penalty kill. But I think, more than anything, we need to establish our effort again. It seems like for the last few years teams always said no matter how bad we were playing they would give all they got. Lately it seems like that effort hasnt been consistent. If the Preds give all they got for the rest of the season, they easily get into the playoffs. If that effort is inconsistent than it will be in doubt.