View Single Post
Old
02-05-2004, 11:49 PM
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army

vCash: 500
I agree it is all over but I'm not too upset about our poor form to end the season. Clearly injuries has played a big part of our downfall as we simply don't have the depth of a playoff team. Heck many fans were worried about how Waddell is going to put together a team for opening night after the accident. When you have to rely players selected from the waiver draft, career AHLers and minor UFA signings to fill the void of a Heatley, Snyder, Savard, Sutton all that have missed a majority of the season and all that play big roles on the team, anyone will tell you that the team will struggle. Also heading into opening week of the season without a capable third line was not a smart move!

Clearly our blueline needs an overhaul. We need new personnel and we should target players who have experience and are durable!. It seems every game the thrashers have a d-man out due to injury. Hopefully by the start of the off season the ownership of the team will be settled and DW will get some funds to rebuild the blueline and also to possibly add another scoring threat. Patrik Stefan's play this season has convinced me that he will never reach his offensive potential so I believe we should make him our 3rd line shut down center or trade bait. I am also not worried about goalie situation either considering Lehtonen is having a fine season in AHL and Nurminen has proven is capable 'tender despite some bad games now and then. Dafoe won't be back but I'm hopeful Hurme can make a full recovery from back ailment and contribute to the team. 2005 will be the year of the thrashers with an all star game and first ever playoff position to look for - that is of course if it isn't a lockout .