02-23-2007, 09:45 AM
bleedrngrblue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyF27 View Post
It's funny though. We all know Jagr is hurt, but put it this way. 21 - 52 - 73

He's on track for
28 - 70 - 98

In his career (16 seasons) he's had 5, 100 plus point seasons. 98 points isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be, especially for someone who's been hurt all year. He's also averaged about 95 points a season thoughout his career. Therefore, he's hitting right on his average. We can't expect a season like last year every year and by the fact that his shoulder is still not 100% shows a lot.
Good post! That's been my point all along with the Jagr Bashers....for all the negative talk about him, he's played hurt all season, and still put numbers up completely healthy NHLers put up in career years. Do I wish sometimes he were a more aggressive personality and had some Mark "I guarantee we'll win" Messier personality in him, sure, but it just isn't his way, and I won't fault him for that. Everyone wants to talk crap about him, yet as much as I love Shanahan,he hasn't been lighting up the lamp, and NO ONE says anything negative about his play. There is a serious double standard here, and it isn't fair. Especially when you consider that Jagr truly has to do more than alot of stars to put up his numbers cause he doesn't get ANY calls.

bleedrngrblue is offline   Reply With Quote