View Single Post
Old
02-23-2007, 11:32 AM
Anthony Mauro
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Girardi is the best thing that happens to NYR this season. Tyutin -Girardi is our #1 pair.
Yes, its awesome that the kid has come up and not missed a beat. He's real calm with the puck and does not panic. But Girardi gets exposed too many times for my liking. I do not know if he's still adjusting to the speed of the game or if he's just that slow to react and incapable to catch forwards. It's quite alarming when I've caught him looking like Malik one-on-one quite a few times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
We have no need for Brewer. Our defense problem is not a problem with defensemen.
We absolutely do. The team cannot count on any defensemen other than Roszival and Tyutin to consistently contribute all around. Ward only brings physicality, and when he doesn't bring that, he's getting caught stepping up at TERRIBLE times, coming over to defend one forward with Rachunek there as well leaving his man open. Rachunek commits stupid turnovers, loses his man all too often, and takes penalties that hurt the team greatly. And Malik is Malik. What's scary is that if he didn't get burned so many times one-on-one he'd be right there with Roszival and Tyutin.

Though, I will fault Aaron Ward and Petr Prucha for each of the goals scored last night. If we have a chance to upgrade atleast Rachunek/Girardi, I'd do it. I hate seeing Hank get peppered.

Anthony Mauro is online now   Reply With Quote