View Single Post
Old
02-23-2007, 12:50 PM
AGraveOne

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to AGraveOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2forsbergaura1 View Post
Maybe I should define "wear down" better...sorry about that.

I did not mean to say that Rafalski and Martin cannot play 25 minutes...sure they can!

What I meant by "wearing down" is that, as AGraveOne suggests, if you keep pressuring these Dmen, eventually you can get the puck away from them. They just dont like physical play too much...so you have to keep hitting them and pressuring them on the forecheck and eventually you will get the puck from them! They are good dmen, no doubt, but again, this is the way to effectively get the puck away from them.

Also, around the net, if you put a body there like an Avery or Orr, a tough guy who doesnt mind the rough stuff...guys like Rafalski and Martin dont do much, they let you stand in front of Brodeur without knocking you down really. Stevens would not have allowed for that...but this is again not the same Devils team. So again, we need to go to the net even more...it works.

One of the goals we scored last night was Jagr driving to the net...Prucha got the rebound.
On Tuesday Avery was in front of Brodeur when Rachunek scored.

you get the idea...
i agree with one thing...seems that all teams that face the Devils don't drive the net enough. Not sure why...maybe its the way the devils cover the middle...but when teams do push through the middle their chances increase...so it seems to me.

Martin is a POTENTIAL weak spot in my view, as far as pressuring into turn-overs. However, Rafalski is pretty sure with the puck regardless of pressure... White, Oduya and Lukowich are solid as well. To me it is a tough proposition for the Rangers, as things are now, to consistently get quality pucks on Brodeur...and the cost will often be odd-man rushes back at us.

I don't think the devils are impervious as they were with Stevens and Nieds. But i just don't think we are deep enough. I look forward to a NJ series against TB, Buffalo, or even the Canes. I think those team will expose the weaknesses. Pittsburgh, maybe - but i think NJ will create a lot of odd-man rushes against them and Atlanta....

AGraveOne is offline   Reply With Quote