Old
02-23-2007, 02:02 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipsydoodle View Post
I'm going a bit OT too by asking this, but does anyone besides me think it's weird how, aside from a few mentions here and there by Sam, any news of JD is virtually non-existent since he went to the Blues? I mean, the guy was the Hedda Hopper of hockey. He knew practically, if not every, player and had stories about just about everyone. Since he went to St. Louis, it's like he dropped of the face of the earth.

And no, I don't think the Rangers will do anything to honor JD, and that's not meant as a diss or anything. It just seems like the attitude is, he left and we all said our goodbyes and that's that. Having said that, I'd love it if they did do something. Kind of like Old Home Week.
Pure speculation on my part but:

I'm not sure that JD left on the best terms. They showed an intereview with him before the season started and he was getting choked up about what the Garden meant to him, what the Rangers meant to him and how much the job meant to him. I'm not saying he was forced out but I do think that he might have felt he had to leave.

There were several quotes attributed to former Garden employees in the SI article on Lil' Jimmy that I could have seen JD being the source of.