View Single Post
Old
02-23-2007, 05:09 PM
GarretJoseph

vCash: 500
Jaromir Jagr's sticks

With the trading deadline fast approaching, I've found myself reading & checking out my main reading material in the bathroom. "Offical Guide & Record Book /2007 NHL" & The Hockey News 2006-2007 year book.

I haven't even looked at the Hockey News year book in months since I read just about every word in it.

What I noticed was

1. Four players are on the cover. Hanks has the largest picture of him on the cover while between his legs & under him are Brodeur & Dipietro.
In the top right hand corner is a picture of Sean Avery. Theres a great article in it about him called "The Most Hated Man In The NHL" - its a great read & I enjoyed it even more NOW since hes been traded to the NYR.

&

2. The whole reason for creating the thread was for Jaromir Jagr's sticks. Do you guys remember last year how many times he was "caught" with an illegal stick? Does anybody remember at least ONCE this season if that has happened? I can't. Does anybody think that hes not using the same sticks?

There is a Quote on page 30 by Tom Renney "Why have an illegal curvature when you want more goals scored anyway?"

Glen Sather & Tom Renney I have found out by doing searches on Google/Yahoo about Illegal curvatures are "leaders in trying to convince the NHL to get rid of tedious stick measurements"

Now, Jagr's 54 goals last year was his most since the 95-96 season with the Pens when he scored 62. He did hit 52 in 01/02 though for the Pens also.

I've been trying to figure out why Jagr just isn't playing the same. Everybody has been talking about his shoulder & the injury he picked up last last season. Its not healed I hear & hes playing scared... I remember he took the All Star Game off so he could rest his shoulder & stated when he came back that hes ready to put the team on his back & that his shoulder is now fine & ok.

So is it his sticks? He is using different ones? Is he BS's the media about his shoulder & is it still messed up/injured?

Hes got 21 Goals in 61 games. He has no goals in his past 6 games (7 Assists though).

In the past 32 Games, Jagr has scored 7 goals. And two of those goals was in one game (Dec 19th VS Islanders) He has THOUGH put up 30 Assists in those 32 games. He went pointless in 10 of those games.

In the first 29 Games of the season, Jagr has scored 14 goals & assisted on 22 of them. Giving him 36 points in 29 games.

So

First 29 games of the season - 14G 22A 36PTS
Last 32 games of the season - 7G 30A 37PTS

Based on stats alone & how well an injury heals, wouldnt you think he would score more goals so far in the second part of this season? Wouldn't the injury as he stated get better & allow him to play better than he did during the first 29 games?

Or is it his STICK?

GarretJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote