Thread: Zach Parise
View Single Post
Old
02-23-2007, 05:09 PM
WheresBarnaby

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER View Post
I often wondered about why we did not select Parise, how much that he was J.P's kid played into it, if at all. In the ultimate of ironies how great would it have been to turn the tables and select JP;s kid and have him play for the hated NYRs. I thought he was a great pick, especially for the devils and where they were drafting in that draft.

When you watch players that you've drafted they have to continually move forward in their game, show progress. We can bemoan picks like Jessiman, but it is funny how the same scouts don't get credit for picking Staal! Or Lundqvist, or Prucha, Sauer, Dubinski, Dupont, etc. Drafting is hard. You win some, you lose many.
I agree, let us also not forget other names like Zubov, Kovalev, Weight, Marc Savard, York, and I'd even say Blackburn.*

*trivia note 1: Blackburn was selected #1 in 01' ,the year after Lundqvist was selected #7, but of course played as a Ranger first.
*trivia note 2: D Moore was selected round 3 in 00' Lundqvist was selected 4 rounds later

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote