View Single Post
Old
03-23-2014, 10:40 PM
Kevin Danko
Web Design

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR or Bust View Post
Thanks for the direction, I obviously missed the stickied thread. Looking forward to the visit, I'm expecting a hostile crowd and some good back and forth banter!
Well, if it's your first time to Philly, i recommend just hitting up Geno's or Pats, those two are really part of the visiting philly experience. They may not be the best tasting in the city but when you think of philly cheesesteaks as someone outside of the city, it's typically one of those two.

As far as the back and forth, have fun and just don't be obnoxious and your fine. Enjoy the game!

Bars in the area, your looking at all of bars in the xfinity complex, you could probably go to chickies and petes which is kind of close, plus you can get the crab fries. McFadden's at Citizens Bank Park may be open as well and is right across the street. I would probably recommend avoiding wearing the jersey in the bar after the game if you venture from the stadium area. Beer Muscle comes out when it gets dark.

Also there is a holiday inn near the the stadium complex and i believe they have a bar called bully's in there. We went to a cool little bar called the fire on Girard i believe one time as my brother is in a band called BoatRocker and they had a show at the place. It's the definition of a dive, but it's probably my favorite bar i've been to in philly. It's a part of a Fire Station i believe and they have seperate rooms, during the summer i think i was told they project philly's game on the side of the building.

I recommened some bars in the last visitors post, check out that top 50 bars list and don't settle for some tourist/money pit.

Last edited by Kevin Danko: 03-23-2014 at 10:46 PM.
Kevin Danko is offline   Reply With Quote