View Single Post
Old
03-24-2014, 09:21 AM
shutehinside

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
I've been out in Minneapolis-St-Paul....and them twin cities have a ton of bars too. Montreal hasn't cornered the market on high end or even sketchy watering holes or strip bars. The nightlife in Montreal is better than many NHL cities. But that reputation isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Also, if a player were signed here long term, his family would be here too....and being a married father of 3 myself, I know it doesn't leave alot of time to go out when you're home.

As for the Cap....I agree....how in the heck could we possibly afford all that? Unless we trade them Plekanec. Even then I really see no way as we'd be likely still over.

And I call shenanigans on that "rumor" who's the family member? and it sounds more like someones uncle draming up a scenario for "un gars de chez nous" to help the home team instead of his own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke the Legend View Post
Every city has bars that a man can get into trouble in, that is a silly thing to worry about. Minneapolis is not a turnip farm, it is a major city, about the same size as Montreal.
Of course every city has bars but Montreal has a reputation around the league for a well earned reason. Not to mention that with Montreal is a hockey mad city that LOVES it's superstars, it's not hard to imagine a player getting in trouble outside of the home.

Also, because he does have a family and kids schools and day to day live become more difficult. I was born and raised in Montreal and live in the GTA now and I can tell you right now from an outsider perspective, I see why people wouldn't want to play for Montreal for a long period of time. There's a huge cultural difference and it can be very intimidating if you're not used to it especially with the politicical situation that surely doesn't and won't help.