View Single Post
Old
02-24-2007, 12:21 AM
Belso

vCash: 500
IMO, I think the Habs will keep Kovalev. He was the first player in a long time last year to say "I want to bring the cup back to Montreal." He may not always make the right decisions. Which is my beef against the guy. His hockey sense some nights is as far as his stick can reach. But that seems to be his attitude when his team mates can't seem to do well.

I bet you he grew up being the GO TO guy until he hit the NHL. He seems to still play like that when he wants to win games. I've notived that when the team sucks, he hogs the puck more and tries to deek 3 guys everytime he goes to the net (usually getting past one or two). He tries to take on the whole team when his team is not playing well. I'm not sure if it's because he's selfish or he cares and wants to win. He rarely showboats. I see him point at other players often like "you da man!" He gives credit to others when it's due.

He was captain for Russia in the last olympics. He has Character and even though he's not perfect (who is) he does is best. If Gainey sees him do his best and knows he is playing hurt, I'd keep him..

Besides, if he's been playing hurt, I can see why he may be upset about it. I'm never happy when I don't contribute enough to my team if I feel I would more if I was healthy, or even if I wasn't hurt..

I say he stays...

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote