Thread: Zach Parise
View Single Post
Old
02-24-2007, 04:11 AM
free0717

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Ragazzone View Post
At the time of the draft, Jessiman was being hyped up bigtime. He was a guy that was looking to be on another level than most prospects because of his size and hints of offensive talent. He was being compared to Lindros, Bertuzzi, any and every big influential power forward in the game. With that said, he was the kind of prospect who....

Ahh, I see the problem. I kept thinking I said low risk. Excuse me...does that change anything?
At the time of the Draft, it was still the "Old NHL" where "Size Matters". For years we were looking for our next "Adam Graves". At that point the team was not looking for another undersized forward. If it was the New NHL at that time, Parise would have been taken in a heartbeat over Jessiman. I see what Management was thinking. My biggest problem with the Pick is that they drafted from the IVY League in the first round. Why would you draft from a 2nd tier league when you cant afford to have a bad pick. A player out of the CHL should have been picked like Getzlaf or Perry. The mistake was picking from Dartmouth in the first round.

free0717 is offline   Reply With Quote