View Single Post
Old
03-25-2014, 04:46 PM
Funf

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Centers of Couturier's ilk aren't very common, although dmen like Weber are less common even than that. Still, I'm not gonna be quick to drop what we have to have something else. We can say "Oh, just replace Couturier" but it's easier said than done.
This is exactly my thinking. Say we do trade Couts for Weber, straight up. Weber is 28 right now, so that gives us around 5 years to acquire somebody that can replace Couts while he's still in his prime. There's not exactly a plethora of teams looking to get rid of Selke caliber centers. We'd have to get really lucky, or overpay.

So, say we do get that guy! What would that cost? Would we be gutting the team to get that guy? Would we still be contenders with what have leftover?

I think trading Couturier for Weber makes us better, for sure. Weber is obviously the better player at this point in time. But does it make us contenders? Probably not. Could we become a serious contender if we make that trade? Possbily, but is it any easier than it is now without the trade? I'm not exactly sure, which is why I'm hesitant to vote yes. It might just be more prudent to develop our own d-men, and keep our core in place.

Funf is offline   Reply With Quote