View Single Post
Old
03-25-2014, 09:09 PM
TheKingPin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
Wouldn't read too much into it. Seems like Bob McKenzie mentioned the Flyers being the main team that would like to add him and many articles ran with it. As shady as college athletics are, I doubt the kid has seriously considered his options. The Flyers were also in on Schultz and DeKeyser, but in the end they weren't serious contenders.

There was a rumor he nearly signed with Ottawa last spring. How credible? Who knows. But it makes a ton of sense. He played with Karlsson and Lehner in the Frolunda junior system. They love Swedes. And most importantly there is a clear opening on their blueline. There's Karlsson, Ceci, and Gryba and no one close to ready behind those guys. Gryba is replaceable.
This is how I felt initially but both of those college players had their minds made up you could tell. I think the Flyers need to be aggressive and offer him a spot so they can compete in that regard with the sens. Once you get that you obviously have large advantage over teams like that. Im not sure if boston has a spot to give him but if they do I cant see them guaranteeing it. From the sounds of it he could be a very solid guy that will only cost 900,000 + K which would be awesome to change that out for grossmann or fill in for timo.