View Single Post
03-26-2014, 08:46 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
we wont draft him. i do like him and he would certainly help us offensively. hes a slick looking lefty shot who plays the off wing. has all the tools.

hes no russian slouch either. hes physical and not afraid to get dirty. i would say hes definitely got an edge. hes up to 6'2 180. good projectible frame with room to fill out.

i still believe our pick will be one of milano or tuch. which ever one falls below 15, i see us making a move up to snag that guy.

our love affair with usndp kids seems real. mcd, steps and kreider are all cornerstone guys and brady skjei looks like a real good prospect. i see us continuing to tap that talent.

but i would make a serious move for scherbak. hes gonna be a player.
Agreed about Scherbak. I think there's legitimate first-line potential if he's groomed properly. He and Buchnevich could potentially be a very dynamic presence on the wing in 4 or 5 years that would be incredibly exciting to watch.

I'm not sure I see Milano as a guy we'd take. There's no safety net there, and that's what the Rangers target in the first for the most part. Guys who have upside, but ultimately look like safe bets to be NHL players. They gamble in the 2nd round and beyond. Tuch makes sense. Larkin would make sense because he's a 3-zone player already.

I'm hopeful for Skjei, but right now he strikes me as a guy who makes up for a lot of mistakes by being bigger and faster that the guys around him. He needs time.