Old
03-26-2014, 10:56 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Mauro View Post
Maybe a little of Kovalev in him?

Everyone knows of my concern for Ekblad. Even though both have a hunched style, Scherbak is way more explosive and a better skater than Ekblad.

It's a non-issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I'd say style-wise he compares pretty favorably with Jake Voracek. Though he's not as proficient defensively as Voracek was at the same age. That can be taught though.
I see Kovalev in there but Voracek is a much better comparison, good stuff TRX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweranger View Post
Absolutely agree with you. I love this player. His speed, deking, shot. He always finds open ice and is a very creative player. I think that there might be a team that likes him so much that he can be picked in the top ten. Just like Hampus Lindholm moved up to sixth in the 2012 draft.

David is the type of player that we need. A dynamic winger that can make plays and score on his own. Hopefully he will comeback 100% from his injury. That was a nasty one.
That injury scares me, gotta hope he comes back and plays fearless like he did before. Open space is crucial to this guys game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
The Rangers aren't getting an impact player in the mid teens(15 on) to late teens which is where they will be picking assuming they make the playoffs and don't win two playoff rounds. Stick with what you know. The Rangers have had good success with the American kids. They targeted McDonagh in the Gomez trade. They liked him in his draft year. Stepan and Kreider. Miller will be a player. So will Skjei. One bad hockey player after another.
Yeah a #15 player in a draft has no shot at being an impact player

And I agree, should be going American/Swede for years since our core is exactly that and has been for awhile. Should have had that mentality when passing on Carlson for Del Z. Or in 2010 whena few good American players were on the board.