View Single Post
Old
03-27-2014, 09:21 AM
SerbianEagle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Not saying make a profit on it. I'm suggesting that the people using it should start paying for it. No different than the transit system, we all subsidize it, but the people that use it have to pay a fee. We live in an era that you don't actually need mail, so why continue to waste money on it?

Want to setup special provisions for seniors or disabilities then so be it, but as time goes on more and more people will be getting their mail electronically.

That and a lot of companies have already started phasing out mail by charging for physical copies, so I don't really see the issue with the government doing the same.
Everybody still uses mail at some point. Whether its from federal or provincial government, whether its from overseas...people still have a use for delivered mail and honestly your suggestion is really shortsighed.

You don't use it? Thats great that you can get away without it. But, go ahead and set up a business and tell me you no longer have a need for delivered mail. Any sort of government application gets mail delivered to you.

The lineup at post offices is already long enough with people sending packages. Imagine if people had to go there to get their mail?

SerbianEagle is offline   Reply With Quote