View Single Post
Old
02-24-2007, 10:52 PM
dedalus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER View Post
It takes all the guys doing there job.
To my knowledge, no one has ever claimed otherwise.

Quote:
Columbus collapsed around the front of their goal after the 1st
Which doesn't change the fact that Norrena successfully handled more and in some cases more challenbgin shots than Lundqvist.

Quote:
As far as Brodeur and Lundqvist go the last two NJ / NYR games Lundqvist clearly outplayed Brodeur. Brodeur caught the breaks, Lundqvist didn't.
Yes. The "unlucky" thing again. Got it. See "rabbit's foot" comment above.

Quote:
In OT I guess you would say Marty willed the Prucha shot to his the crossbar.
Errrr ... Prucha didn't have a shot in the overtime.

And I don't suppose it matters at all to your argument that the game need never have gone to overtime. Protecting its 2-goal lead would have ensured that the team need never have dealt with the "bad break" of hit crossbars.

Quote:
Rachunel instead of playing the body ole the play and gave up prime scoring space and Nash is not slouch. What part did Rachunek play on that play? What about Hossa or Starka who also ole it trying to check Nash. By my count that is 3/5 of the players on the ice who had an opportunity to end that play at any single time.
That's fine. All I'll say is this. Your argument here exactly matches those I get from Flyers fans when they tell me that Niittymaki really is an excellent goalie and the franchise's future. It's always the fault of the guys in front of him. Personally I don't let Niittymaki off the hook by accepting excuse-making, so I'm not going to play the hypocrite and offer that what's good for the goose is not just as good for the gander in Lundqvist's case.

Quote:
Lundqvist is not a sacred cow by any means.
Of course he is. Goalies of teams generally are and it becomes more so when they are young goalies. (See Niittymaki statement above.) One need only look at the visceral responses to critiques of Lundqvist to see that he is treated as a sacred cow.

dedalus is offline   Reply With Quote