View Single Post
Old
02-25-2007, 12:09 AM
Pred303

vCash: 500
what a frigging game of hockey, for those not there, i truly feel sorry for you.. that was about as an exciting a game of hockey as i've ever seen played in the regular season in nashville

..three bigtime goals scored tonight.. legwand's to tie, kariya's to save the game, and forsberg's to win it.. those three guys stood up and saved us tonight, leggy with 2 points, forsberg with 2 points and kariya with 3.. big players make big plays in big games.

..in between the first and the second, talked to leipold about hartnell, he told me about the broken foot, and said he'd miss 2 to 4 weeks.. when i asked him if we were going to try to get another winger before the deadline, he said "we think we're deep enough to get thru this"

..some way, somehow we have to figure out a way to stop their pp, it absolutely killed us all night. they had 14 official shots on net on their 7 pp's, and of course all 3 goals. we seemed to have no answer for holmstrom tonight in front of vokoun.

..4 even strength goals to their 0. this against one of the best even strength teams in the league. hard to fault anyone defensviely even strength.

..what an effort from a team down sully and hartnell, and then shortening the bench even more late in the game. reminded me of the effort we used to see when we were so outmanned talent wise.

...looking out there seeing all those 4th line type guys for us. nichol, smithson, tootoo, fiddler flying wildly forechecking was a sight to see. that group played their butts off, i'll hand that to them.

...what a finish. played out like a hollywood script if you're a pred fan. proud to have been there and part of it all

...i'll talk about the shortfalls tomorrow, tonight, i'm only going to think of the positives. we can worry about later, well later.

Pred303 is offline   Reply With Quote