View Single Post
Old
02-25-2007, 12:20 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by philosophical___ View Post
right, but common sense says that rivet is not worth that much, and you can't assume somebody's going to overpay for him, especially since he's an UFA.

i think the zhitnik/coburn is blown way out of proportion, i think coburn's not a great prospect, he's very much like kyle mclaren. expectations were huge, now they're big, but he's never proven that he can play at that level. even with team canada.

i think for rivet, you can get a prospect that has stalled with his organization, kind of like when we had hainsey, hossa, and balej, dealt them away because they weren't doing all that well.
I'm not disagreeing with you at all...personally I wouldn't pay more then a 3rd rd pick for Rivet, I like him, but I don't feel as a rental he is worth that much. But because of his experience, leadership qualities, toughness and having a little bit of offense in his game, it wouldn't surprise me at all if we do get more then a 3rd.

I think a team like SJ would be smart to make a move and try to pick him up.