View Single Post
Old
02-06-2004, 05:27 PM
FlyersGuy69

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyersGuy69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Love
But the Flyers aren't desperate for a goalie. It's not a similar situation at all. Oates was coveted by a number of teams, and was having an outstanding season. He was getting Oates to be a difference maker, whatever goalie is brought in (if one is brought in) wouldn't be a difference maker, just a stop gap until Esche is healthy.
you say that the Flyers aren't desperate and I don't think they are either but we have no idea what Clarke thinks of the current situation. the rumors have started ever since Hackett went down hill, even though Esche has played great, it has been reported that the Flyers/Clarke were interested in getting a starting goaltender.

if the Flyers/Clarke are interested in Burke, I don't think that he would be a stop-gap till Esche is back. my feeling is that Clarke is uncomfortable with our goaltending situation and is trying to upgrade it.

as far as the Oates deal is concerned, I remember it a little differently. Clarke acquired him to help our pathetic PP but mostly because we were heading into the playoffs without our 1st and 2nd line centers. that is why he got killed in the deal.