View Single Post
Old
02-25-2007, 01:33 AM
WheresBarnaby

vCash: 500
"If I hear Montoya mentioned one more time as "our savior" I think I'm going to puke. I know we're all here under a website entitled Hockey's Future, but thinking every rookie is going to be gold is just silly. The majority of players in the AHL will NEVER be NHL players. I don't mean to be overly harsh and I'm sorry If I come off that way, but we need to be realistic. There's nothing wrong with the guys we have. The NYR have never been short on talent. We've got talent coming out of the ass. Leadership, responsibility, and getting everything to mesh, has been the problem for every year post 1994."

OK I posted that in the GDT, but I'm copying it and putting it here too. I don't think it's the players. I really don't. I think I like Renney too much, and that's gotten in the way of my opinion many times before. He's just seemingly a good dude, but when a team is playing 30 minutes, or losing every other game not for lack of ability, there's no where to look except to the leadership.

Jagr is no captain. Sather is no GM, and maybe Renney just doesn't have the chops to get this team in line, as much as it pains me to say it. Only once this season have I called for Renney's head, cause he is a players coach, but maybe this team needs a drill sargent, and not a buddy.

And dammit if I hear Jagr say "I don't know why we lost" one more time so help me.

Last edited by WheresBarnaby: 02-25-2007 at 01:38 AM.
WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote