View Single Post
Old
02-06-2004, 06:35 PM
Dr Love

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersGuy69
you say that the Flyers aren't desperate and I don't think they are either but we have no idea what Clarke thinks of the current situation. the rumors have started ever since Hackett went down hill, even though Esche has played great, it has been reported that the Flyers/Clarke were interested in getting a starting goaltender.
That's true, we don't know. But we can make an educated guess.

Quote:
if the Flyers/Clarke are interested in Burke, I don't think that he would be a stop-gap till Esche is back. my feeling is that Clarke is uncomfortable with our goaltending situation and is trying to upgrade it.
Another good point. I'll put it this way, the Flyers don't need a starter, whereas with Oates they needed a center (remember, it was unknown how long JR and Primeau would out for at the time).

Quote:
as far as the Oates deal is concerned, I remember it a little differently. Clarke acquired him to help our pathetic PP but mostly because we were heading into the playoffs without our 1st and 2nd line centers. that is why he got killed in the deal.
I didn't intend to state otherwise. He was brought into be a difference maker. If say, Manny Fernandez is brought in, he won't be here to be a difference maker.