Thread: Post-Game Talk: Flyers @ Rangers: Ryan McDoty AINEC
View Single Post
Old
03-28-2014, 08:08 PM
I Am Classless

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by azaloum90 View Post
it's too bad we didn't push for a guy like Filpulla... another #2 Centerman to work as a 1/2 punch with Stepan... Stastny is NOT going to be the guy, especially for Richards $+...

It'll be interesting to see what rangers brass goes for in regards to another centerman... as good as Stepan/Brassard/Miller/Moore sounds on paper, the on-ice product is going to suffer. Brassard is a 3C, Miller is tweener between 3 and 4C...
Filppula's a good story this year; I still think Stastny's the better player and our best chance of improving the position in the short term assuming the trade market isn't too hot. In all of his weakest years production-wise he was on garbage lines on bottomfeeder teams.

Fitting him in will be difficult, though. When I tried to put it through the cap calculator we needed a lot of players on ELCs - if the organization doesn't think guys like McIlrath, Fast and Lindberg aren't ready yet we won't be players because we might need all of them. I'm kind of in two minds about it because I like Stastny, but our NHL depth is very good right now. Assuming we're being reasonable this time it also only takes one team with an outer space valuation of the guy to knock us out of it.

I Am Classless is online now   Reply With Quote