View Single Post
Old
02-25-2007, 12:37 PM
blandBob

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER View Post
Personally I do not think we will trade away young assets. Personally I think we need an injection of some tenacity and intelligence. You can cycle all you want down low in the corners and along the boards, in fact the opposition lets us, but we are too dumb to recognize it.
That's exactly it, and it's maddening to watch over and over again. For the longest time, I just haven't seen evidence of real coaching, but I've never been able to pinpoint whether a. Renney doesn't know what he's doing, b. some players just tune him out because he isn't forceful enough, or c. somebody else runs the show, even though Tom walks around behind the players, saying things and making gestures and expressions, just like a real coach.

The infrequent but real flashes of adequacy, competency, and sometimes even dominance that have been seen this season tell me we have enough skill on the ice, just missing a lot on the character and focus. So, seeing as how my own selfish goal right now is to see some exciting desperation hockey from the Rangers into April, what you propose aligns perfectly with that. Bring the guys up from Hartford, tell some of the present crop of lumps that don't bring their heart to the game or insist on making the same mistakes over and over that the view isn't too bad from the press box, free snacks too.

Nothing to lose, everything to gain. One thing this team has not earned over the last week or so expecially is any undue love from the fans in the stands, show up to play or take your lumps. It's not like anybody dies, it's just a hockey game.

blandBob is offline   Reply With Quote