Old
02-25-2007, 01:54 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
Maybe, maybe not.

For all the crap we've given them, this is the second year they've avoided paying heavy prices.

If they can get through this deadline and not fall into that trap again, they will have at least earned some of my respect.
I'll admit I'm a little worried right now. Until this past week, I saw no need to sell off pieces. But, after the debacles against two of the worst teams in the league, (on home ice, no less), combined with the gut punches from the home-and-home with Jersey, it would be apparently to everyone save the most foolish that this team is headed in the wrong direction as the playoffs approach. And, seeing what the market has started to bring, Sather is clearly wrong in his opinion that the price for players will go down as the deadline approaches. There is NO justification for overpaying for any player for a team that has not shown with any consistency that it is playoff caliber. And, since the only upward momentum this team has is towards the top of the draft, it would be foolhardy to surrender a draft pick when the opportunity to get a prime young center prospect - Turris, Gagner, Couture, Esposito, Hamill and Sutter are all possiblities - awaits them.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote