View Single Post
Old
03-29-2014, 05:36 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackStar View Post
No, I want Galchenyuk as a center by next year or I will be a very unhappy man. Now that I think about it, we may be forced to move Eller to wing. I was thinking that he should be our 4th line center until Galchenyuk is ready to take over DD's spot, so we could trade DD, and move Eller to the third line.

But that could take a while, so moving ELler to wing may be our best option. I am not a fan of trading Eller, however. I admit that it's partly because I just really like the guy. But it's also because I don't think we will get much in return (perhaps we could get Zack Kassian for him?) unless it' a package deal.

Plus, I don't see the point of moving him to the wing unless Galchenyuk will be centering him and Gallagher for the whole season, something I'm not sure Therrien would do.
I really really don't want to trade Eller either. he's better than this. Players have off years. I think he was probably miffed at being separated from the 2 gallys and being moved down to the 3rd line and never quite got over it (until recently).

MB's smart and I think he realizes this and won't be hasty in trading away Eller. He has a chance to get him at a good rate and could be like Patch and DD in getting really good value for a fairly cheap contract. We need those type contracts/players if we want to keep Vanek.

Eller could still step it up at center and possibly make Pleks more expendable. Not saying I want that per se but it's another option. It's nice to have all this depth.

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline   Reply With Quote